EGJ Family Law
Call for a consultation

November 2018 Archives

Family law and when alimony can be modified in South Carolina

As part of a divorce settlement in South Carolina, one spouse will often be ordered to pay alimony to the other spouse. This is one of the many issues that arises in family law. It can be contentious. The paying spouse will frequently want the amount to be lower than what is ordered. The supported spouse might want the amount to be increased. Once the order is made, however, it does not necessarily mean that it will remain the same for its duration. There are circumstances in which it can be modified and terminated. Understanding when this can take place and how to go about it is an important part of the process. It requires legal assistance to cover every factor.

Make Your Appointment With Skilled Counsel

Call our office in Mount Pleasant at 843-352-4530 to make your appointment with one of our South Carolina divorce lawyers. We serve clients throughout the coastal South Carolina communities including Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Daniel Island, Pawleys Island, Georgetown, and Hilton Head. You may email us if that is easier for you.

Email Us For A Response

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

EGJ Family Law

1051 Chuck Dawley Boulevard
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464

Phone: 843-352-4530
Fax: 843-881-0317
Mt. Pleasant Law Office Map